Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

WTF! Out of the Gutter and Into the Fry Daddy - Week 6, #14

Blogs are a great way to get your ideas "out there" to total strangers. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to be on a "watchlist." It kinda freaks me out to know that *I* have subscribers. No....Martha Stewart has subscribers. I'm lucky if I have eavesdroppers. Still, it's fun to see what other people are interested in. Many of the Top Blogs are technology based, which I'm only mildly interested in. I'm already subscribed to Boing Boing and Cute Overload always puts a smile on my face. Where else could I find this:
WTF was not what I was thinking it was. (Remember, I have a teenage son) Where's The Fire (WTFs) are short blurbs, catch phrases of hot subjects people are interested in right now. Another commentary on fast food journalism that I won't get into. In truth, people are strapped for time and it's easier to quickly scan headlines than to pick up a paper. Perhaps instead of WTFs, they should be called McNuggets. Quick, bite sized, questionably-nutritional and deep-fried. Unfortunately, my first assumption on the acronym was probably more true. Do I really need to know how to make a duct-tape wallet?

No comments: