Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's A Library THANG - Week 5, #11


The idea of cataloguing my books at home is waaay too organized for me. This is for people who alphabetize their CD's, group their DVD's by genre or label their shoeboxes in their closets (yeah, you know who you are!). Here's how I catalogue my "library" at home: Take out bookmark. Throw on shelf. Done. Do I have that title? Ummm...yeah, I think so. Library Thing (or "Thang" as we say in these parts) is probably useful to some. I suppose if anyone is interested enough in what I'm reading they can go to my Library Thing widget (on the right sidebar) and take a look rather than ask me. I do like the "suggestion" tab, however. Who knew that, based on my library collection, I might also like "Siddartha" by Hermann Hesse? It's a good thing I work in a library.

No comments: