Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sound #25 - Rated Aaarrrrrrggh!

Hello, my name is Secret Asian Girl and I am a Pirate. I confess. Where's the plank, I'm ready to walk it. Now it's your turn. I think at one time or another, we've all been guilty of pirating something. Heck, in 1977, I stashed a mini tape recorder into a matinee of "Star Wars" so I could listen to the dialogue at home. Han Solo was hot. And who hasn't borrowed a friend's CD so you can burn a copy without purchasing your own? Still, as digital media becomes more and more publicly accessible, I can see the need for a legal parameters in order to protect the rights of artists. At the library, where we deal with many different forms of media, we should be familiar with current copyright laws and follow them accordingly regardless of which side of the debate we embrace.

I used Roxio software (on my computer at home) to burn a CD of the music I downloaded in the previous exercise, as requested. The information in this post was very enlightening, even if I still may walk the plank for my previous transgressions like downloading "I Still Haven't Found What This Hook Is For" and "Who Poured the Grog Out?" Oh well. "I Guess That's Why They Call 'Em Doubloons......." he he. Ok, stop.

No comments: