Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Searching #78 : Video

It seems like you're just not cool unless your image or video of you doing something silly is posted somewhere. The other day I stumbled upon a video upload of a friend of mine Wii dancing in her living room to Britney Spears' Womanizer. (I didn't know she could move like that) But the point is, our world has gotten a lot smaller when every little thing we do is suddenly available globally. Youtube trawling is for noobs...real videophiles use Truveo, which searches not just for clips but full episodes, news, music and then sorts by popularity, including "most Twittered." I searched Truveo for a popular video and it found news stories about the video first. Hmmm... Searching Blinkx can be overwhelming but it immediately found the video plus a link to the original Youtube posting. All have "share" buttons so you can keep the love going by re-posting to your Twitter, Facebook, MySpace or blog accounts. Don't have any of these? Well, you're just not cool. Here's the video I searched for. Some people go all out when it comes to making a "save the date" video.



Regarding the HCPL YouTube videos, perhaps a video of special events like the Snake Man or a guest speaker's presentation would be helpful, especially if the kids missed the day. I'm not sure if people want to take the time to view a video when they're trying to get something printed. Honestly, reading or watching instructions makes the situation more frustrating because really...they just want you do it for them. Sometimes, even the simplest instructions are just way over their heads. Where do I return the books?
Is there any water around here?

2 comments:

Monica Colson said...

I can't believe I earned a spot in your blog! To bad I had to dance to Womanizer in order to do it. : )

secret asian girl said...

Well, I was very impressed by your moves! LOL When is the next performance??