Pages

Friday, November 23, 2007

The Light At The End - Week 10, #23

There it is! I see it...that bright light over there. I'm drawn to it like a....moth to a -- no, too prosaic -- more like ME to a Nordstrom's Giant Shoe Sale! I want to walk into the light but I'm ... hesitant. Is it the fear of the rapture or that creepy salesman making eye contact with me? No, this isn't an episode of "The Ghost Whisperer." It's the end of our blog journey.

It's true, I'm sort of reluctant to quit blogging. Even if I continue, would anyone still read it? Maybe it doesn't matter. I've always viewed this medium as more journal writing than reporting. It's funny because I always thought of bloggers as self-indulgent, egocentric attention-seekers looking for a captive audience. Hello! It may be that I was, ahem, too quick to judge. Since this assignment began, I've read many blogs that are insightful, caustic, witty, funny and touching. Point in fact, many of these blogs belong to my co-workers (and some were from total strangers) and through their entries, I've gotten to know them in ways that might have taken longer if given the usual route. Knowing more about the individual person has bettered our working relationships and added depth to our friendships. I am grateful for their honesty and for letting me in.

So I started this blog thinking I would only relinquish a small part of me - only what I was certain it was okay for you to know about me. I ended it probably boring you to tears and rambling non-stop about all the weird stuff constantly running through my head. I've learned a lot about technology and have tried things I would never have tried on my own. (Note to self: Unregister from that music/video site and delete potentially embarrassing photos). Thanks for the incentive and the encouragement. That sharp stick in my back that I first blogged about was really just a gentle nudge. Perhaps there's a few more blog entries left in Secret Asian Girl.

After all, who knows what lies beyond the light.

No comments: