Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pods! You're Next...You're Next! Week 9, #21

If you recognized the obscure title of this entry as a reference to the 1956 film, "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," you might be like me and watch a lot of films and television. I'm more a visual person than an audio person. Probably explains why I have a BA in Radio and Television but have never stepped foot in a radio station. Listening to radio is never my first choice when it comes to getting information or entertainment. Radio is boring to me. And as long as I'm confessing, I have NEVER listened to an audio book. Zzzzzzz.... It's just too slow. So I'm not sure if podcasts are for me either. I looked at a site - Podcast Alley - and found an interesting one on Harry Potter (by the way, it's the official podcast of the Leaky Cauldron, if you follow that fansite.) Another podcast that piqued my interest was Hardcore History, which is sort of like Charlie Rose meets the History Channel. Interesting "what if " discussions like "What if a plague, like the Black Death of 1347, occurred today and reduced our population by 100 million?" Besides finally being able to find parking at the Galleria, how else would it affect our lives? Interesting fodder for those who wish to sound smarter than they are. But.... I sure hope they run an episode of this on cable soon.

No comments: