Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wellness #41: Still Going Green Pt. 2


How cute is this??! I could definitely see myself tooling around town in this adorableness. Trouble is, here in H-town, where every third car is a truck or SUV (still!), you've got to have a death wish to get on the freeway in one of these. At the risk of channeling Mao, wouldn't it be great if EVERYONE had to drive one? I wonder what the accident stats would be if a fender bender is the worst that could happen? The mpg's are not as good as a Prius, but at under $18k and no 3 year waiting list, it's looking pretty good.

The websites were interesting but nothing new. I did like the DIY sites with recipes for greener household cleaners. Seems that if you have baking soda and vinegar in your pantry, you're good to go for just about everything. Sometimes, though, you have to go easy with the vinegar. I'm still not clear about HOW vinegar gets odors out. Has anyone ever smelled vinegar???

The tip that I'd like to do better with but would require more commitment is turning the A/C temp up. I'm already keeping the thermostat at 79°, living in HOUSTON and teetering on the cusp of menopause. If I could sleep in a meat locker, I would. Just my luck that global warming issues are at the forefront precisely when internal warming is my personal nemesis. *sizzle*

No comments: