Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wellness #40: You're Kidding, Right?


Arrrghhh! The dreaded fitness assignment. *groan* But seriously, we need to exercise AT OUR DESKS? If I did this at the circ desk, the customers might think I had a bit more fiber than I should have had. Anyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to the media nowadays knows that exercise is good for you. In fact, I've marveled at the finely honed bodies this week while I've been watching the Olympics. "What physical prowess!" I thought, as I wiped my Cheeto-encrusted fingers on a napkin. Why, oh why, can't I be like that? In truth, I have a membership at a gym. In truth, I haven't been there in over 4 months....okay maybe I'm fudging that number (mmmm....FUDGE). I guess it's clear why. I do need to go and make it a priority. I did the exercises, including the BMI (Big Mama Indicator) and also the Questionaire. Apparently, thanks to Asian genes and grandparents who lived to be over 90 years of age, I have a life expectancy of 92.8 . Actually, that's about 8 years longer than I *want* to live. Who wants to end up toothless and arthritically frozen in a prenatal position? I guess that all depends on if I ever get to that gym.

No comments: