Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Library Patrons


Customer exchange I had recently. The names have been changed to protect the innocent...and also, me.

********************************* 

Customer: I'd like to report a missing book.

Me: Okay, let's look at your account and see which one is missing. What's the title?

Customer: Mad House by Chris Grabenstein.

Me: Well, I don't see that book on your account. And could you be thinking of Mad Mouse?

Customer: Oh. Yes.

Me: That title is not on your account.

Customer: I know. I want to report it missing from your shelf. It should be there and it's not.

Me: (checking catalog) Our copy is checked out. Can I request it for you?

Customer: No, you're not listening. It's missing, I tell you. MISSING!! The catalog says it's on your shelf and it's missing.

Me: No, sir. We only have one copy and it's checked out to another customer.

Customer: The catalog says you have it IN at Woodoaks!!

Me: This is Oakglen.

(silence)

Customer: Oh.



No comments: