Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Wonders Why No One Takes Him Seriously

I hope now that a certificate of live birth has been produced by the state of Hawaii, we can put to rest all of the ridiculous (in my opinion) speculation. It was beginning to sound like veiled racism: he looks different, therefore he must be born elsewhere. In my humble opinion, it's the worst kind of prejudice without actually using that word. Most informed folks recognize it for the ignorant comment that it was and the stupid, bigoted people spreading rumors that the president is from Kenya....well, they're the same tiresome people who (after 50 years) continue to ask me if I'm an American. I won't show you my birth certificate but I will show you an ancient Chinese hand gesture. Not really Chinese, but how would they know?

No comments: