Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

You Oughta Be In Pictures #91 Fun With Photos


This assignment was just too tempting for someone like me. I love image generators! Fotoflexer is familiar to me but BeFunky was a new site. I really liked the variety of special effects you can add to your uploaded photo. Unfortunately, you do have to register at the site if you want to save it. You can "share" your edited photo from its home site but not save it to your own files. I edited the photo of my dog, Sam, in both Fotoflexer and BeFunky. The finished product, below, is a cartoonized version courtesy of BeFunky. I liked the quality better and the woodcut effect I ended up with was very cool. The logo watermark doesn't really bother me. If you're not interested in precise matching, FaceinHole is a lot of fun. This Baywatch photo may not be very funny to some of my co-workers but what the heck! I'm sure they don't mind sacrificing some dignity for a training exercise! he he BigHugeLabs also looks like a creative resource for future "experiments." The other plus with BHL is that you can create monthly calendars, movie posters, stickers, jigsaw puzzles and mosaics all from your own photos. There are also links where you can find out what time sunrise and sunset is going to occur at any geographical location in case you're interested in taking that "gorgeous sunset" shot you've always dreamed about. I think all of these sites are terrific resources for playing with, and learning about, digital photo manipulation. And if you happen to get a few laughs at the expense of a friend or ahem, a co-worker or two....so much the better!

No comments: